Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Finding the "Lobby"


I was at Borders earlier today, or yesterday since it's past midnight, looking for Mearsheimer and Walt's new book, The Israel Lobby. The book exposes the efforts of this loose coalition of pro-Israel groups, individuals, and institutions known as "The Israel Lobby" in shaping our nation's foreign policy and our "special" relationship with Israel.

I kept looking for it with no success. I searched for it on their computers, which said "likely available in store" or something like that. Finally I decided to ask an employee. She did what I did and couldn't find it. Then she checked her computer and told me that they received 10 copies. Moments later, she went to the back and handed me a copy saying that sometimes new books are not shelved right away!

Read The New Yorker's review of the book here.
Post a Comment